Study Abroad Office Travel Grant
The ASU Study Abroad Office is pleased to offer a need-based grant to ASU students participating in programs sponsored by the Study Abroad Office located outside the
This grant is primarily based on financial need and secondarily on academic performance. To be considered, submit the application before the grant deadline corresponding to your program term. Students submitting applications by the Priority Deadline will be considered for $1000 Travel Grants. Students submitting applications by the Final Deadline will be considered for $500 Travel Grants. See the table below.
Students who apply by the Priority Deadline but do not receive a Travel Grant will be reconsidered at the Final Deadline.
|Term Abroad||Priority Deadline||Final Deadline|
|Summer, Fall semester, Academic Year, Pre-Fall GIE||February 1 - $1000||March 1 - $500|
|Winter Break GIE, Pre-Spring GIE, Spring semester||September 1 - $1000||September 25 - $500|
|Spring Break GIE, Post-Spring GIE||October 15 - $1000||November 15 - $500|
All grants awarded are conditional upon your full participation in your study abroad program. If you withdraw from your program for any reason (voluntary or involuntary), all awards will be revoked. If your award is revoked after funds have been disbursed to you, you will be billed for the amount of the award through your ASU student account.
NOTE: Study Abroad Office Travel Grants are limited, and students may only receive this grant once.
To be eligible for an SAO Travel Grant, students must:
- Have an active application to an ASU-sponsored study abroad program by the Travel Grant deadline.
- Have a minimum cumulative ASU GPA of 2.5 at the time of application.
- Be a degree-seeking ASU student (undergraduate or graduate) at the time of application.
- Have a current FAFSA on file with ASU Financial Aid and Scholarship Services at the time of application, and be eligible to receive ASU financial aid.
- Have the equivalent of one full-time semester of completed and posted ASU credit hours at the time of application.*
- Be in good standing with the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities.
- Commit to and complete a follow-on project to help the SAO share study abroad opportunities with other ASU students.
Please note, although you can apply for the SAO Travel Grant, the SAO Diversity Scholarship, and the SAO Sun Devils at Work Scholarship, you can only receive one.
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Winter Break||2019||09/25/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Pre-Spring||2020||09/25/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Spring Semester||2020||09/25/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Post-Spring||2020||11/15/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Spring Break||2020||11/15/2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall Semester||2020||02/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Summer||2020||02/01/2020 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision tasks prior to the term's application deadline.
Indicates that deadline has passed