Programs : Cost Sheet
Financial Aid recipients applying to this program may use this Cost Sheet to have Financial Aid eligibility reassessed. See below for instructions.This page details the Spring Semester Costs for CIEE: Accelerated Chinese Language at East China Normal University.
Spring Semester Costs for CIEE: Accelerated Chinese Language at East China Normal University
|Program Expenses (click on each item below for details)||Cost Estimates|
|Application Fee *||$50.00|
|Program Fee (including tuition) *||$17,850.00|
|International Travel Service Fee *||$162.00|
|Carbon Offset Fee *||$10.00|
|Billable Item Subtotal - Billed to ASU Student Account||$18,072.00|
|ASU Travel Clinic Screening||$100.00|
|Books and Supplies||$50.00|
|Non-Billable Item Subtotal - Additional Student Costs||$5,700.00|
|TOTAL COST OF ATTENDANCE:||$23,772.00|
NOTE: The above cost information for this Partnership program is valid for Spring 2020 only.
Important Notes about Program Fees and Additional Student Costs1) Partnership program participants DO NOT pay tuition to ASU for the courses completed on their study abroad program. Instead, you will be required to pay the Program Fee listed above as a condition of participation. After registering for your study abroad placeholder course, tuition will be charged to your ASU Student Account as normal; the Study Abroad Office will then apply a billing credit to your ASU Student Account to cover the cost of tuition (which is already included in the Program Fee). The Program Fee will be directly billed to your ASU Student Account.
2) Non-Resident, International, and Online students participating in Partnership programs may be required to pay a higher Program Fee than Arizona residents, due to the increased ASU tuition rates for Non-Resident, International, and Online students. The Program Fee charged to any student must at least equal the cost of ASU tuition for that individual student. If the Program Fee for Non-Resident students is different from the Program Fee for Arizona residents, there will be a Cost Estimates (Non-Resident) column above which will include the Non-Resident Program Fee. Please contact your International Coordinator if you are an International or Online student and require cost information for this program.
3) Participants are required to pay certain mandatory fees to ASU as normal. Although you DO NOT pay tuition for the study abroad program course(s), you will be expected to pay the Financial Aid Trust Fee as a condition of participation. You may click here for a description of this mandatory fee or click here to view current fee amounts for the term of your study abroad program. These expenses will be directly billed to your ASU Student Account after you register for your study abroad placeholder course.
NOTE: Certain colleges and schools at ASU charge students an additional College Fee in order to maintain enrollment in the major (e.g. W. P. Carey, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering, etc.); students are responsible for paying these fees as normal. Barrett Honors College students will also be expected to pay their Barrett Honors College Fee regardless of whether honors credit is available on their program. In addition, some host institution courses may require additional fees (e.g. laboratory fees) that students will be responsible for paying directly. Use the ASU Tuition and Cost of Attendance Estimator to review program specific tuition and fees.
4) Participants are required to pay a $50 Application Fee, Carbon Offset Fee and an International Travel Service Fee as a condition of participation. The $50 Application Fee is non-refundable. The International Travel Service Fee listed above may be an estimate only, the actual cost will be based on the confirmed dates of your program. These fees will be directly billed to your ASU Student Account.
5) Participants will also incur Additional Student Costs throughout the duration of the program. The out-of-pocket costs outlined above are estimates only and may not be comprehensive. Actual expenses will vary depending primarily upon your lifestyle, cost of living in the program location(s), and the currency exchange rate. Click here to find tips and resources for budgeting your study abroad experience. These expenses are paid directly by the participant and will NOT be billed to your ASU Student Account.
Increasing Your Financial Aid EligibilityApproximately 1-2 weeks after beginning your study abroad program application, you will receive an e-mail from Financial Aid and Scholarship Services with financial information designed to help you plan and make your decision to study abroad. Once you confirm your participation in your study abroad program, you will receive an additional e-mail from Financial Aid and Scholarship Services outlining your current aid package and listing any additional loans for which you may be eligible to apply. Spring semester awards will be posted no earlier than mid-December.
NOTE: Students may only be eligible for an increase in Federal Direct Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized loans, a Federal Direct Parent PLUS loan, or a Private Education loan. There is no guarantee that you will receive increased funding as a result of this process.In order to be eligible for any financial aid, you must do the following:
1) FILE a FAFSA for the academic year in which your program occurs, if you have not already done so. Once you have submitted your FAFSA, monitor your Financing Tasks on My ASU. Please note that if you are studying abroad for the Calendar Year, you will need to submit a FAFSA for each year.
2) CONFIRM your participation in your study abroad program. This is a step that you will take by clicking the "Commit" button within your online study abroad program application, after the status of your application has been changed to "Accepted" by your International Coordinator. Please note that once you confirm, you are subject to the terms of the Study Abroad Withdrawal Policy. Make absolutely certain you are ready to assume the financial responsibility of studying abroad on this program before you commit.
3) REVIEW and act on your award offer by either accepting, reducing, or declining any offered awards in My ASU.
4) EXPECT an email from Financial Aid and Scholarship Services outlining any additional aid for which you are eligible and might apply.
5) REGISTER in your study abroad placeholder course. You will find additional information about registering within your online study abroad program application.
You may visit Financial Aid and Scholarship Services at any time to review available aid for the term of your study abroad program or to request a financial aid estimate from a Financial Aid Counselor. We encourage you to speak with a Financial Aid Counselor even before creating a study abroad program application.
Comparing Costs for Different ProgramsAffordability is an important factor when selecting a study abroad program. The programs offered through the ASU Study Abroad Office vary in cost depending on the features of the program, geographic location, length, program inclusions such as excursions and cultural activities, and the level of on-site support. Because institutions around the world determine program costs at different times, it may not always be possible for the Study Abroad Office to provide actual cost information until after the program application deadline. As you prepare your own study abroad budget, we encourage you to consult this cost sheet often to ensure that you are considering the most up-to-date information. Be sure to also visit this page for additional tips and resources for comparing program costs.
Additional Funding ResourcesFor additional information to assist with financial planning for your study abroad program, please reference the Financing Your Study Abroad Program section of our website. There, you will find more details on our Financing Your Study Abroad Program workshops, using financial aid to pay for study abroad, applying for study abroad scholarships, identifying creative funding solutions, as well as tips for creating your own study abroad budget.
|* Billable items will be directly billed to applicant's ASU Student Account|