Programs : Cost Sheet
|Program Expenses (click on each item below for details)||Cost Estimates|
|Application Fee *||$50.00|
|Program Fee (not including tuition) *||$650.00|
|Billable Item Subtotal - Billed to ASU Student Account||$700.00|
|ASU Travel Clinic Screening||$100.00|
|Non-Billable Item Subtotal - Additional Student Costs||$1,300.00|
|TOTAL COST OF ATTENDANCE:||$2,000.00|
NOTE: The above cost information for this Domestic Global Learning (DGL) program is valid for Spring Break 2020 only.
Important Notes about Tuition, Program Fees, and Additional Student Costs
1) Participants in this Domestic Global Learning (DGL) program pay their regular ASU tuition and fees for the program course(s), though ASU tuition and fees amounts are NOT included in this Cost Sheet. Because ASU tuition rates vary based on a number of factors, it is not possible to accurately capture your individual tuition information on this Cost Sheet. Please consult the ASU tuition schedule for more specific information about your individual tuition and fee amounts for the program term and year.
NOTE: Certain colleges and schools at ASU charge students an additional program tuition/fee in order to maintain enrollment in the major (e.g. W. P. Carey, Barrett, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering); students are responsible for paying these fees as normal. In addition, some ASU courses incur special class fees (e.g. foreign language courses). Please consult the Tuition and Cost of Attendance Estimator to review program specific tuition and fees.
2) Participants are required to pay a $50 Non-Refundable Application Fee as a condition of participation. The Application Fee will be directly billed to your ASU Student Account.
3) Participants are also required to pay the Program Fee listed above as a condition of participation. The Program Fee will be directly billed to your ASU Student Account.
Increasing Your Financial Aid EligibilityApproximately 1-2 weeks after beginning your program application, you will receive an e-mail from Financial Aid and Scholarship Services with financial information designed to help you plan and make your decision to participate on this program. Once you confirm your participation in your program, you will receive an additional e-mail from Financial Aid and Scholarship Services outlining your current aid package and listing any additional loans for which you may be eligible to apply. Spring semester awards will be posted no earlier than mid-December.
NOTE: Students may only be eligible for an increase in Federal Direct Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized loans, a Federal Direct Parent PLUS loan, or a Private Education loan. There is no guarantee that you will receive increased funding as a result of this process.
In order to be eligible for any financial aid, you must do the following:
1) FILE a FAFSA for the academic year in which your program occurs, if you have not already done so. Once you have submitted your FAFSA, monitor your Financing Tasks on My ASU.
2) CONFIRM your participation in your program. This is a step that you will take by clicking the "Commit" button within your online program application, after the status of your application has been changed to "Accepted" by your International Coordinator. Please note that once you confirm, you are subject to the terms of the Study Abroad Withdrawal Policy. Make absolutely certain you are ready to assume the financial responsibility of participating on this program before you commit.
3) REVIEW and act on your award offer by either accepting, reducing, or declining any offered awards in My ASU.
4) EXPECT an email from Financial Aid and Scholarship Services outlining any additional aid for which you are eligible and might apply.
5) REGISTER in your program course. You will find additional information about registering within your online program application.
You may visit Financial Aid and Scholarship Services at any time to review available aid for the term of your Domestic Global Learning program or to request a financial aid estimate from a Financial Aid Counselor. We encourage you to speak with a Financial Aid Counselor even before creating a Domestic Global Learning program application.
Comparing Costs for Different Programs
Affordability is an important factor when selecting a program. The programs offered through the ASU Study Abroad Office vary in cost depending on the features of the program, geographic location, length, program inclusions such as excursions and cultural activities, and the level of on-site support. As you prepare your own budget, we encourage you to consult this cost sheet often to ensure that you are considering the most up-to-date information. Be sure to also visit this page for additional tips and resources for comparing program costs.
Additional Funding Opportunities
For additional information to assist with financial planning for your Domestic Global Learning program, please reference the Financing Your Study Abroad Program section of our website. There, you will find more details on our Financing Your Study Abroad Program workshops, using financial aid to pay for study abroad, applying for study abroad scholarships, identifying creative funding solutions, as well as tips for creating a budget.
|* Billable items will be directly billed to applicant's ASU Student Account|