Studying abroad is an investment in your future. Like any other type of investment, it requires careful planning and management. However, the personal, academic, and professional rewards that you will gain from this experience will last a lifetime.
You should carefully consider costs, budgets and financing when selecting and preparing for your experience abroad.
If you have questions at any step of the process, we encourage you to reach out to your International Coordinator for guidance.
Steps to Financing Your Study Abroad Program
1. Review the Considering Costs Table: This provides a general overview and cost comparison of popular programs.
2. View Cost Sheets for programs you are interested in: Information about the costs of ASU’s study abroad programs is available on the “Program Pages.” Use the Program Search function. Then select the “Cost Sheet” link for the desired term to find a breakdown of program expenses.
3. Attend a Financing Your Study Abroad Workshop.
4. Consider Your Financial Aid Options.
5. Search and Apply for Scholarships and Grants.
6. Get Creative with our Community Based Funding Resources.
7. View our SPRING 2014 Financing Your Study Abroad Program Handbook or SUMMER 2014 Financing Your Study Abroad Program Handbook for more information, including Payment Information.